Sunday, January 30, 2005

On-line Dating

I'm just wondering what some of you think of on-line dating. Is it wrong? I'm not saying that I desire to do it but am just wondering what some of your Christian perspective is on it.

1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

All I can think of is Kip and LaFawnda on Napolean Dynamite. LOL.

I think it is fine, but I would be careful on how you do it. I think the whole e-harmony thing sounds ok, but it costs money.

The free deals--well you will probably get what you pay for. Including guys that are all about getting some. Actually, I would expect that no matter what they say.

I dont have a problem with it. Internet relationships that I have heard worked have been where people have met and then continued to talk online etc. My friend Dan here met a gal at the Youth Specialties convention he went to with me on the last day when he skipped a workshop and went into Starbucks. The met each other in line, talked for a couple of hours. Then lost touch until her aunt emailed me searching for Dan. Anyway they got reconnected, he went out to where she lived over spring break, and by the end of the week he knew he was going to marry her. She has since moved out here as our childrens minister and they are getting married in a month and half...anyway.

Thats my thought.

I dont think there is much theology to dating stuff. That is more cultural. If you want to be more literal though, you can always move toward arranged marriages.

Dr. Phil, and sadly I am a fan, believes that you create the reality for yourself that you think you deserve. You deserve romance. Go for it.