Monday, March 24, 2008

The life I am living...

Has been going fantastic! God is really fulfilling some of my life's wishes and really making it apparent to me that Spokane is where I belong.

I think I'll start out with a new church that is going on. I am getting in on the start of a church and that is very exciting for me. We have been meeting in my friends home for breakfast and word and prayer and worship and it has been wonderful. There are about 12 of us total (not counting kids) I think. A lot of the people are camp people but there are a few new people as well. This Thursday we are going to go to a couple of larger homes and do some praying and thinking and talking about where we will be meeting for the time being. We all have people we would want to invite but are running out of space.

The next big thing going on is that I am co-directing the Spring Youth Retreat at Ross Point. I really feel gifted in this area. I am loving making the plans and finding the people. I have discovered that I am even more of a control freak than I thought but I'm learning how to let go of some things. God is being faithful and things are going really well. I'll do a post about the whole thing later but please keep us all in your prayers. The retreat is April 11-13.

Last Saturday I went to a meeting with my awesome co-worker Mandy. She has been working with an organization called Pony Tales for quite some time and we were going to Easter services at Lifecenter and it was easiest for me to go to the meeting with her. It ended up being a great thing because I became the secretary of the organization. I'm still not sure what that entails but I'm really excited about it. I have been wanting to get involved in more than just Hutton in Spokane and that opportunity was just handed to me. It's going to be a great adventure that will really take me out of my comfort zone but that is a really good thing. There could be another big story out of this but I won't tell it unless it really happens. Please pray for me regarding it. Pray for open doors and closed doors and that God would just be in the whole situation.

Not much else to say... I suppose I could do an update on my family and will soon. I have all these things to write about but don't ever do it! Goodness :) Hope you are well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what is Pony Tales?

traci said...

Nicole... See the post above this one for the explanation! Thanks for asking and reading :)