Sunday, November 23, 2008

November... Really...

Well... Guess what... It's November and I haven't written since August. Believe me that it has been a whirlwind of a fall. Right after I returned back to Spokane after being home in August I found out that my sister had a brain aneurysm. She found a surgeon in Seattle to do the operation and that happened September 26th. There were complications and she had a stroke. It's been a really hard couple of months for my family to say the least. Instead of Dawn being in the hospital for 10 days she was in the hospital for almost 2 months I think (I have kinda lost track of time). In those 2 months I was 2 and from Seattle 3 times. My mom was in Seattle most of that time and my sister Joy and our dad was back and forth a couple of times. Marc (Dawn's husband) took on full time dad duty and was able to spend some of that time in Seattle which was good as Dawn was able to see the kids some. Long story short... they are back in Montana now doing rehab in Billings. The largest problem for Dawn right now is her speech. Please be praying for a full recovery for her. I feel blessed that God didn't take her home yet but sad because of the complications that should not have happened.

What else have I been doing? Well I planned and hosted a bridal shower last weekend for my friend Irene. It was fun but lots of work. The wedding is in January so we have about a month till Wedding day.

I have also been planning a retreat for Ross Point. It's focus is relationships. I have found that directing camps is one of my biggest joys. If I could do that full time that would be a huge blessing. I love doing it! The retreat is in 2 weeks so I'm hoping I get everything done. I still need to find one more female counselor as we have had a lot of girls register which is awesome. Last year we didn't fill 4 cabin with girls but this year we need 5! I'm praying that it may turn into 6 but don't know. If so I'll need 3 more counselors. I'm also praying for boys to get registered as right now I only have 11! The ratio of girls to boys is pretty drastic right now.

After the retreat it becomes the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas is coming and I love it. I'm actually doing a Christmas themed retreat as I love it so much. We have some work Christmas party's and than on the 19th I fly to Montana for Christmas. It will be so nice being with my family. I get back here on the 27th and the wedding is the 3rd of January. I guess that come January 4th I can maybe get a little rest. We will see!

Well... there you go... I've caught you up on my life these past months. I know I say this every time but I'll try to update more regularly.

Hope you have a blessed week!

No comments: