My life is ahead of me and I am really excited for the roads that I will travel upon. I am looking forward to the bumps, curves, and the straight lines. All I can do is live life, serve God, and hope for the best.
Thursday, January 27, 2005
Why do I only have girl friends?
Here is a thought steming from my Frustrating Love rant... I only hang out with girls. I'm not kidding... I never, NEVER spend time with people of the opposite sex. Is this healthy? Don't get me wrong, I do have friends that are guys but none of them happen to live in Sioux Falls. I only talk with them on IM. It's not that I don't want to hang out with guys I just don't have the opportunity. Maybe I am just to much of a hermit? Who knows! Back to Frustrating Love... I just recieved word that another one of my friends was engaged last night... seriously folks that makes 3 for the year so far and it's only January! Ugh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sometimes things seem difficult because you feel your life is differnt that others are or what they expect of you. If so, realize that you are not that different.
Most people dont have the social life you see on Friends. Many people spend a lot of their evenings in front of the television or finding other ways to entertain themselves. If you have two or three good friends that you can hang out with I think that is a good thing, even if they are all female.
:)
traci, my dear friend... i know exactly how you feel... over 6 of my closest friends are also married or are getting married. Funny how I pick my friends... They must be great people to get married, and dangit... there's just something attractive about that. It makes me unbelievably happy that they have so much joy, but brings oh soo much lonliness sometimes. Afterall, its only natural to long for the opposite sex, and a partner to share life with. Alas, the former ladies man is now more of man's man than ever before (speaking entirely hetero here), and mostly, i'm content to be so bacheloresque.
-dustin
Post a Comment