Sunday, August 07, 2005

I would like to propose a question.

Why is it that the Catholic bible has extra books? Why are they not used by the Protestent Church?

* This is really a question as I have no clue.

2 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

There is a long explanation to this that has to do with canonical development, but the short answer is that Luther and his reformation was a back to the Bible movement, and part of that was going back to what the Jews accepted as the Old Testament, which is what we have today. The Apocrypha was rejected as being Scripture by the Jews after the collapse of Jerusalem in AD 90.

Gossip Cowgirl said...

I'm glad Clint answered...I have a slightly less complicated and incredibly less intellectual explanation: cuz the Catholic church says so, and it's church tradition...not necessarily always the biblical answer. Anyway, I bought a book of the apocryphal books to read them. They're really interesting. I would actually suggest reading them, just to have read them. :) But that's just me.