So... the weekend started out great.
I set out for Jan's house on Thursday night without a care in the world. We were just going to hang out and relax. We ended up going to Coldstone and I actually tried a different ice cream creation (I usually just get sweet cream with raspberries and this time I tried the Founders Favorite... I should have stuck with my standby). We also did some exploring of the South Hill area of Spokane. It's a neat area and I could probably stand living up there if I didn't have to drive down or up in the winter.
Friday brought some sleeping in time and a call asking if I wanted to join some people from work for a snowboarding trip on Monday. I decided that would be fun to do especially because I was going to be able to take a lesson. I found that my snowpants didn't fit anymore (grr) and I obviously needed some for snowboarding. I set out to find some without much luck. I didn't want to spend a lot on them and cheap ones just were no where to be found. I wanted to look at Cabella's but I never got around to driving to Post Falls. I spent that evening having dinner and playing a game called Settlers of Cattan with Cottage 1. It was fun. I was supposed to go to a late movie but bailed as I was tired.
Saturday was shopping and rearanging day. I moved a futon into my apartment/room and that meant I had to rearange my living room space. It took forever and than I decided I wanted to do something different with my kitchen area. I set out to Target to look at some put together yourself pieces. Did a lot of thinking and decided they would work. I bought 2 drawer thingys and put one together. It was really a frustrating process and I should probably not ever try to build again. I have done it before and done a fine job but really had problems. AND the pieces were not what I was wanting. So it was a huge waste of time, energy, and money. Crap!
Sunday... oh... that's today... I have had a good day. I went to church at a new place, Millwood Community Presbyterian. They are huge supporters of Hutton and I want to try it out. It was nice. I really kind of liked it. I'll probably go back again. Then Pamela and I met Jan for a movie across town, 27 Dresses... it was a good story and I really like Kathrine Higel. It was then time to find snowpants as the trip to Schweitzer was tomorrow. I bought some that I had tried on the other day and they are nice but to expencive. I also went to Target to return that blasted furniture that I didn't put together. I got home and got a phone call... Guess what... the trip is cancelled due to the weather conditions on the Mountain. So... I searched for snowpants for a trip that was cancelled. How sad! I'll have to try again next time I guess!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
1 comment:
sounds like you are doing a lot of fun and valuable stuff
Post a Comment