Saturday, December 29, 2007

Are you ready for this?

So... Here I sit, once again in the Salt Lake City International Airport. I NEVER want to come here again. It all started a week and a day ago... a Friday. I set out for my trip to Montana at 6am on Friday the 21st.

Well... It's now January 16th and I thought I would complete this entry.

So... the short of my travels is that I left Spokane on time and they wouldn't let our plane land in Salt Lake... We finally landed almost 1 hour late and my flight had already left to Billings. Billings is not an easy place to get to so it was a nightmare trying to get another flight. I ran into about 8 people who were in the same situation as me... trying to get to Billings. That meant that they flew our plane about 1/2 full and left us stranded with really no options. I ended up having a standby ticket to Billings and a confirmed ticket to Bozeman. I ended up getting on the Bozeman flight and my brother-in-law picked me up and drove me the 3 hours to Billings. Then... get this... my luggage was lost for 6 days... 6 DAYS! How stupid. Lets see... so I finally got my luggage after talking to people probably in India or something who wouldn't really help me at all. So I had a good Christmas. Ended up packing way to much stuff and I didn't need it for 6 days of my trip. But Christmas was good... family was great... I really like Roundup. I didn't get to see anyone really that I was hoping too but got to see a few people from church that are important to me. So it came time to come back to my home in Spokane and did those travels go without problems? NO! My flight into Salt Lake landed late again and my flight to Spokane left me. Luckily there was a seat on the next flight into Spokane... but when I arrived guess what happened... I only had 1 bag arrive. Seriously... I have never had this awful of a traveling experience. I don't think I will be flying on Delta anytime soon. I did decide that I needed a good souvenir for my trip so bought an "I Love Salt Lake" key chain to always remember this trip by.

I now need to get a letter written to Delta... hopefully they will give me something for my troubles... It just may be a flight voucher so I just may have to do something I said I would never do again... Fly Delta and go to Salt Lake.

No comments: