Here is a life update... Someday I may add more details but I have been extremely busy as of late!
Well... I am working and that has been really busy. I have decided that I am here (at Hutton) for who knows how long. It could be forever! I'm planning on going to grad school next fall (2009) to get my Masters in Counseling. That means I need to take the GRE which I'm not to excited about. I'm waiting on a promotion that would take me out of the houseparent role which would than allow me some extra time to focus on school stuff. I think God may have me here for quite some time. We will see I guess. I firmly believe that He placed me here so He is going to have to take me away I guess.
I recently was able to direct at Youth Retreat at the camp I have been working at since college. It was really wonderful and I'm excited to direct again. It was one of my life dreams fulfilled and it got great reviews.
I'm going to be going to Omaha this summer to go to a workshop on teaching Social Skills in July. I'm going to be able to take some extra days and stay to visit with Danielle and Ryan (who are expecting by the way!!!!). I'm excited about that trip. It will be my first professional traveling. I feel like a grown up.
In the next month or so I'll be jetting (more like driving quickly) to Billings as my sister is about to have her baby. My boss is being extremely great and is letting me just leave as soon as I hear she is in labor. I've asked her to be in labor for 10 hours so I can get there. I'm selfish I guess and she wasn't to happy with that idea. I'm hoping the labor wing will at least not be closed like when Jack was born! I also was told by my sister that her in-laws bought another float house in Bayview and that makes me happy because that means Dawn and Marc and kids will be around more this summer! Yes... that makes me excited :)
For work I need to work on some trip options for service learning in Montana. One option will be going up north and the other will be going south west. I'm hoping for the south west option so hope I can get some pretty awesome ideas down.
Anyway... that's probably way more than enough for now. Hope you are all doing well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment