Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Traci's Reality addiction

Well since others are fessing up to this addiction I will as well...Come to think of it, it probably is not really an addiction for the others. I am seriously sick! I get frustrated or sad or whatever if I miss a week of any particular reality show. No joke! There are so many of them that I like as well. I like them because they don't seem to be focused on pre-marital sex and other immoral things like that. Here are the shows that I love and my take on them.

The Amazing Race: I wish that Jon and Kris would have won. They deserved it. They were the only couple that I didn't hear demeaning things spoken to eachother. I'm excited that a new one is starting up in 3 weeks. I like seeing the parts of the world that I probably won't see otherwise. Oh... and did you see the advertisment for Dr. Phil primetime? Jon and Victoria getting the oh so needed help!

The Batchelorette: Why much I love this show so much? Seriously. Last year, during Meridith's show, I actually bought a VCR so that I wouldn't miss the show one day. Sick... at least I can admit it I suppose.

American Idol: I just can't stop watching the show. I don't really enjoy the beginning weeks when people who can't sing a note think they can but it is getting good now. Sometimes I laugh and sometimes I cry. See I told you I was sick.

The Apprentice: I watch this one just to laugh. People are so silly.

Survivor: It's fun... new one starting soon. The last one was disipointing though. I didn't like the people that ended up in the end.

In all these shows I think that I could do them. Well not all of them but wouldn't it be fun? My dream for the Batchelorette - a girl who has morals... no kissing... oh it would be so wholesome.

Anyway... I must end this rambling of a post. Now is anyone as addicted to this as I am? I can't be alone in the world can I?

4 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

We need to have a reality show awards blog somewhere.

I too like the Wife Swap thing. It reminds me of foriegn exchange programs or something.

Survivor is a little too played out for me.

Traci--what is your reason for thinking the kissing bachlorette lacks morals?

Gossip Cowgirl said...

I like most of these, as well, Traci. I'm not a big fan of Survivor. And if you want to hear my rant against "Wife Swap" (one of Clint's faves), read my blog from today (2/10).

But I had to laugh (in reference to the kissing) at the episode where Fabrice mauled Jen. That was so funny. SO glad he's gone.

And my VCR (stupid animal) taped over the second half of the Amazing Race finale which made me very sad. I'm only assuming that Freddy & Kendra won if Kris & John didn't because I can't imagine Adam & Rebecca winning. That would have been so sad. And I had similar thoughts about Kris & John. The non-models. :) They were great and I was rooting for them.

Did Johnathon/Victoria air on Dr. Phil yet? Or when will that be? I wonder what that will be like. Yikes. They did need help, lots. You're right.

And I love American Idol, as well. There's a show I can actually enjoy just for enjoyment's sake. Simon is such a kick in the pants. I wish everyone could be that honest. :)

Good post, Traci.

traci said...

Thanks for all of your comments! I really should not be writing this at the moment but oh well! Clint - the kissing... I, in my life, strongly believe that a kiss is very intimate. It is something that I have done and I regret. I will not kiss again until the time that I become engaged to the man I will marry. On the show they are swapping spit all of the time and I just can't see me doing that. I have decided that my lips and spit are now saved for only one man. I wish I had time to reply more but must get to the homework that is waiting for me.

traci said...

Let me try to respond a bit more to other comments. Becca - The Dr. Phil thing is on Tuesday night at the time the Race is usually on I beleive. Dr. Phil Prime Time! Micah - thanks for reading my blog and for the comment. I would like to be on the Batchelorette. My main reason is because it would be a totaly different show if it was me. First of all I am a "Follower of Christ" and sadly I am not a super skiny blonde model type either. I would like to show the world that true love can happen without giving yourself away physically and throwing your morals away. Those are my dreams... we'll see if they ever come true. I do need something to do next winter after I student teach in the fall... hum... it could happen. Oh and Becca... yes Freddy and Kendra were the winners. If John and Kris weren't held up by a train I think that they would have made it. The flights really are what made the winners and the non-winners. Sad.