Saturday, April 23, 2005

Alone

Have you ever gone to a movie in the theater by yourself? I did it yesterday and it was so nice. I saw A lot Like Love and it was alright. Another movie with a predictable happy ending but happy endings make me happy so... yeah. But I was always scarred to go to the movies alone. I'm a nerd like that and will not go to things often if I have to go alone. This year I have become more able to do that though. I have studied at a coffee shop a few times and well that's about it. I have realized that I like to do a lot of things alone. I like to shop alone, and study alone, and watch movies alone. It is so much easier that doing it with friends. You only have you to worry about and if you are done doing whatever you are doing you can leave and not worry about weather your friend was ready to leave or not! Anyway... that's my first thought for the day. Hopefully more will come!

2 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Alone is good. Lonely, not so good.

Gossip Cowgirl said...

I love doing things alone. The first movie I went to alone was "Mystic River". And I saw it on one of the huge screens in Fargo. Quite an intense experience. But I loved it.

And I went to a lot more movies alone. I actually ended up meeting other "alone" people doing it that way. Made some interesting friends.

And now I love to go to coffee shops & stuff alone. I just read and think and imagine. I don't have to talk. I don't have to watch other people.

Isn't it great to be single? :)