My life is ahead of me and I am really excited for the roads that I will travel upon. I am looking forward to the bumps, curves, and the straight lines. All I can do is live life, serve God, and hope for the best.
Wednesday, January 05, 2011
1/5/11
This morning I had an early dentist appointment for one of the girls. I hate having to leave campus before 8 in the morning as I really like being able to sleep in and take my time in the morning. This girl really needs to be in school as much as possible so I do 8 AM appointments for her dental work (she needs a lot). Anyway... It was good that I was up early this morning so I could drive to CDA to see my parents before they go back to MT in the next couple of days. I drove over and spent a few hours there. My grandma kept offering me food and I had to turn her down. I'm doing well so far on the food. I have even made some dishes that I think were pretty good. I made a wilted spinach salad tonight. My mom taught me this salad but you typically use bacon drippings for the dressing. I decided to use the juice from my can of mandarine oranges along with a little olive oil and balsamic and it turned out great. I sauteed mushrooms in that juice and just put it over the spinach and then added the mandarines as well as some craisins and sunflower seeds. I forgot to mention that I spent the afternoon sleeping! I don't know if it is the food detox or if I'm just fighting something off but I had a terrible headache and after my co-worker said I was extremely pale I decided to turn in for the day. I took a little nap and am catching up on a few missed episodes of Parenthood and The Office before going back to sleep. Tomorrow I must hit the gym and see what I can do on the treadmill. The race I would like to do caps at 500 runners so I should get registered but I'm a bit scared to as I don't want to waste the registration fee if I'm not ready. We shall see! Thanks for reading about my journey :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment