Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Update

Well... First I will say that I ended the fast on Monday. Not for any real reason except that I just did. I am proud of the week I gave it and now know that I can do it again and be successful. I was being really diligent about reading the bible but that has definitely slacked off this week. I need to get back to it.

I have been doing better and better on the treadmill at the gym. On Monday I did 1.75 miles in 45 minutes - all walking. Today I did 1.79 miles in 30 minutes and I RAN! I was so scared to run but I had 2 friends on either side of me and I did it. I mostly ran at 4.5 but for a minute maybe I ran at 5. I was really challenged by the Biggest Loser last night when Bob had the biggest guy running at a 5 for a short amount of time. I thought... why can't you do that. It turns out that I can and I won't fly off the treadmill and die. I wanted to pump my fists in the air. I was so proud of myself and can't wait to see what I do tomorrow or Friday.

You know that person I was choosing to love? Well I did talk to her about her e-mail and it didn't go so well but I know that I am in the right and am just doing my job (with confirmation from my boss). I'm going to chose to move on and work with her to the best of my ability. I know we will never be friends or really like each other but I will chose to be polite and try to love her like Jesus does. I found it funny though, that after that confrontation I had the best day of work in a long time. I made a phone call to the Orthodontist's office and the lady that I talked to said I made her day so much better just by calling. I love that office and I love that lady. She is a blessing to my life. I have met so many wonderful people with my job change and am really loving that I am fostering relationships and am seeing the fruits after a year and a half. That wasn't all that made my day good... it was just a good day!

I meant to keep this a short update but it turned out to be long. I hope you don't mind reading about my running progress because that's kinda my hobby right now. I plan to go shopping for some good running shoes this weekend with some friends. I also need to start on a baby blanket for my friend who had a baby yesterday (1/11/11). She had a little boy and I hope to meet him someday (they live in CT).

Hope you have a blessed day!!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Elijah was excited to hear about the blanket! Definitely hope you get to meet him someday soon.